Blog Sharing Ts & Cs
- Everything in your blog article itself should be rated no higher than PG. However, your books can be any level of heat (we all know I like an erotic story as much as a sweet one).
- I welcome authors who write all types of relationships. This is an LGBTQIA+ friendly space.
- Please pick 3-5 of the below questions and give a short answer to each. Choose whatever you wish, but do answer at least one from the writing category. Include the questions with your answers.
- Send your answers and media kit – complete with author profile pic and book cover as separate images- to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line containing your post date
- What weird talent do you have?
- If you could eat anything in the world right now, what would it be?
- If you could time travel, where would you go and when? Why?
- Who is the most interesting person you’ve met and talked with?
- If you’ve ever met a celebrity, describe that encounter. (You don’t need to name the celebrity if you don’t want to.)
- You’re on a first date. What’s a dealbreaker that would see you walk away?
- The zombie apocalypse is coming, who are 3 fictional characters you want on your team?
- What is your most used emoji?
- Are there any interesting things your name spells with the letters rearranged?
- If you were a potato, what way would you like to be cooked?
- Would you go to space if you knew that you could never come back to earth?
- Have you ever been mistaken for someone famous?
- What animal would you chose to be?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
- What is the strangest gift you have ever received?
- What kind of reality show would you appear in?
- Which of Snow White’s seven dwarfs describes you best (Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy or Sneezy)?
- What song describes your life right now?
- What was the worst haircut you ever had?
- Who was your childhood actor/actress crush? Or, if you’re like A.N. Verebes and still experience celebrity crushes, who is your current actor/actress crush?
- Have you ever been told you look like someone famous and who was it?
- What did you name your first car and why?
- How many languages can you speak?
- What’s your middle name?
- What is your favourite strange food combinations?
- Where did you grow up?
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
- Are you a listener or a talker?
- What was the last song you listened to?
- Are you a back seat driver?
- You have your own late night talk show, who do you invite as your first guest? Why?
- If a movie was made of your life, what genre would it be and who would play you?
- You have to sing karaoke, what song do you pick?
- What was your least favorite food as a child? Do you still hate it, or do you love it now?
- If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you were left on a deserted island with either your worst enemy or no one, which would you choose? Why?
- If aliens landed on earth tomorrow and offered to take you home with them, would you go?
- 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s or naughties: Which decade do you love the most and why?
- What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
- Of everything you’ve written, do you have a favourite and, if so, why?
- How do you select the names of your characters?
- Of all the characters you’ve created, who is your favourite and why?
- Does music inspire your writing at all?
- Who are your favourite authors?
- How do you title your stories?
- If you could cast the movie version of one of your books, who would you cast as your protagonists and why?
- Do you read your book reviews? Do they impact your future/current projects?
- What was your hardest scene to write and why?
- Have you gone on any literary pilgrimages?
- What is the first book that made you cry?
- Does writing energize or exhaust you?
- What are common traps for aspiring writers?
- Does a big ego help or hurt writers?
- What is your writing Kryptonite?
- As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal?
- What do you owe the real people upon whom you base your characters?
- How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?
- I reserve the right to trim or edit any content I deem inappropriate for my site or respectfully decline to run it. (I will obviously let you know if this will be the case – and if I pick up any typos, I’ll fix those up, too.)
- As separate attachments in an email to email@example.com , send your blog response, author photo, book cover and a document containing your blurb/tag line and an excerpt and include, buy, website and social media links, genre and heat rating. (I will also add your book, excerpt and buy links to my Loved-up Library page)
- Send all requested documents to me no later than 2 days prior to your booked in date. (Please be advised that I am in Australia, so I will be posting on the dates as they happen here.)
- Please check in to the blog periodically to respond to any questions or comments.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.
If you think of any questions or you’d like to bring something new that’s not mentioned above to the blog, please let me know.
There is no set rule on the length of my blog posts, but try to aim for between 500 and 1000 words.
I look forward to Sharing The Love with you!